Once the most moden of cinema’s in Kings Lynn, The Pilot cinema on Pilot Street was built by local builder Ben Culey in 1938. It closed in 1983 and the last film shown according to local memory was Gandhi. Since then it has been a roller skating rink, a garden centre and, lastly, Zoots nightclub which was refurbished at a cost of 2 million pounds before it reopened on 15 April 1999. It closed the doors for the final time on Saturday, 26 January 2008. Since then it has been left to become derelict, and is shortly to be demolished for the building of flats on the site.